Skin Care on a Budget
Our team of professionals and staff believe that informed patients are better equipped to make decisions regarding their health and well-being. For your personal use, we have created an extensive patient library covering an array of educational topics, which can be found on the side of each page. Browse through these diagnoses and treatments to learn more about topics of interest to you.
- Acanthosis nigricans
- Acne scars
- Actinic keratosis
- Alopecia areata
- Atopic dermatitis
- Basal cell carcinoma
- Botulinum toxin
- Chemical peel
- Contact dermatitis
- Dry skin
- Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans
- Dyshidrotic eczema
- Genital warts
- Hair loss
- Head lice
- Herpes simplex
- Hidradenitis suppurativa
- Ichthyosis vulgaris
- Keratosis pilaris
- Laser hair removal
As always, you can contact our office to answer any questions or concerns.
Keeping your skin healthy and looking its best doesn't necessarily mean breaking the bank if you follow these practical tips from leading dermatologists:
- Cleanse, treat, and prevent. Don't let a 12-hour period go by without using some sort of treatment or product on your skin (sunscreen counts).
- Use sunscreen 365 days a year. This helps prevent sun damage that could lead to wrinkles, age spots, or even skin cancer.
- Get the most from your body moisturizer. In the winter, apply it to damp skin as soon as you get out of the shower to lock in the moisture.
- Consider using petroleum jelly. This common, inexpensive product has several uses for skin care including:
- moisturizing rough, cracked feet, elbows, and hands; dry cuticles and lips; and peeling nails;
- preventing chafing when running or biking;
- protecting kids' scrapes and bumps; and
- applying as a diaper ointment.
- Use one or two skin care product lines at a time. Limiting product lines saves money and storage space.
- Remember, a more expensive skin care product is not necessarily more effective. Some brands contain fragrances that may lead to skin problems.
- Consider dual-function products. Examples include a moisturizer plus sunscreen and a lip balm with sunscreen.
- Get the most for your hard-earned money. When choosing anti-aging products, look for ingredients such as vitamin A and alpha hydroxy acid.